With our free alerts, keep tabs on your enviro™ Visa* card account activity, monitor your spending and more. Set up enviro Visa alerts to inform you of your everyday transactions via text message or email.
- The following alerts can be set up by logging in to the Manage my Visa card website — the same site used to view account details, opt out of paper statements, and more:
- When you are about to reach your account credit limit.
- When a transaction is declined due to card controls.
- More information about card controls features here.
- More information about Manage my Visa card can be found here.
- If you are a cardholder and member of Vancity, additional alerts can notify you of transaction activities on your card. These can be set up by logging in to Online Banking:
- When a purchase is made outside of Canada.
- When a purchase is made over a set amount.
- When there is a cash withdrawal from an ATM.
- When there has been an online or phone transaction.
- When a transaction has been declined.
Additional alerts are available for enviro Visa Business cardholders through Spend Clarity. To learn more, click here.
enviro Visa card alert FAQs
Why should I use enviro Visa alerts?
Who are the enviro Visa card alerts available to?
How are the alerts set up through Manage my Visa vs Online Banking different?
How do I receive my alerts?
Do I have to pay for these features?
I just got a new enviro Visa card. Will the alerts I set up still work?
What phone number (short code) will my enviro Visa alerts come from?
I signed up for enviro Visa alerts but didn't receive one when I made my transaction. What happened?
I no longer want to receive alerts, but I want to keep my card controls.
I have opted out from receiving Text message alerts from my phone after responding STOP to a text alert. Am I able to set them up again?
What happens to my enviro Visa alerts if I lose my mobile device?
How to set up and manage alerts on Manage My Visa
All alerts available through the Manage my Visa card website can be set up through your browser using a computer or mobile device.
What alerts are available to me through Manage my Visa?
What happens if my card is declined due to more than one card control? Will I get one alert for each control or one alert per transaction?
I turned on the alert in Manage my Visa to receive a notification when my card balance is within a specified dollar amount from the set account credit limit. Will my transaction decline after I get my alert?
How do I unsubscribe or deactivate my alerts in Manage my Visa?
How do I set up enviro Visa alerts on Manage my Visa?
How to setup and manage alerts through Online Banking
Online Banking enviro Visa alerts are not available at this time for non-member cardholders as they are accessed through Vancity online banking. These alerts cannot be set up through Vancity mobile app or mobile web, you must be on our desktop/full site.
We encourage you to do a test to see if you’re receiving alerts via email and/or text messages. If you have not received it, please check your junk email folder. Please add “email@example.com” to your contacts.
How do I access the desktop/full site from my mobile phone?
What information will I need to sign up for enviro Visa alerts in Online Banking?
How do I manage/add alerts in Online Banking?